Diving competes at UCLA

Last weekend the UCSD women’s diving team traveled north to participate in the Bruin Invitational at the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center in Pasadena, Calif.

The event featured divers from University of Southern California, Stanford, UCLA, UC Irvine and Fresno State.

On the first day of competition, USC’s Blythe Hartley and Stanford’s Adam Peterson were the two winners, taking the women’s three-meter and men’s one-meter competitions, respectively

Blythe won the three-meter with a final score of 573.65, over 45 points more than the second-place finisher.

Freshman Elizabeth Sales was the top finisher for the Tritons, finishing 23rd with a point total of 186.40. The other finishers for UCSD included junior Emily Quon and freshman Janelle Benterou, who finished 28th and 29th, respectively.

Peterson’s winning score of 637.55 was over 130 points higher then the next finisher, fellow teammate Jesse Fonner.

Results from the women’s one-meter and men’s three-meter events from the second day of the event were unavailable.

$2515
    $5000