hiatus calendar

11/15 Thursday

Spaceman Spiff will be live at the Onyx Room with their hip-hop infused jazz. They will be regulars at the club every other Thursday. Call the Onyx Room for more information at (619) 235-6699.

Ian Moore will be performing at The Casbah. He will be playing a solo acoustic set with a sound that brings East-Indian riffs, Brit-pop energy and West Texas flavor together. The show starts at 9 p.m. Call The Casbah at (619) 232-4355 for ticket information. Read the interview with Ian Moore on page 15.

11/16 Friday

Catch Spaceman Spiff at Claire de Lunes. This relatively intimate and quiet coffee shop in North Park is the perfect venue to catch the jazz stylings of Spiff. Contact Claire de Lunes for more information at (619) 688-9845.

Classic rock and country-like attitude come together in the Convoy sound. This San Diego quintet also features tight harmonies and great melodies with its three guitarists. Convoy will be at The Casbah and tickets start at $10. The show starts at 8:30 p.m. Rochelle Rochelle will open for Convoy. Read the interview with Rochelle Rochelle on page 15.

11/17 Saturday

For a perfect punk-rock experience, head to the Cox Arena to see Pennywise, No Use for a Name, Guttermouth, The Line and former Sun God performers Face to Face in concert. Tickets are $12 and the concert starts at 6:30 p.m. Look to the hiatus section at https://www.ucsdguardian.org for more on the show.

11/18 Sunday

Acoustic-folk artist Gregory Page will perform at Java Joe’s in Ocean Beach. You can expect beautiful melodies and poignant lyrics from this San Diegan. The cover charge should be around $9 and the show starts at 9 p.m. Call Java Joe’s for more information at (619) 523-0356.

11/19 Monday

You never know who might join Steve Poltz on stage. After all, he co-wrote “”You Were Meant for Me”” with Jewel. This local musician is well-known in the San Diego music community. He will perform with a special guest at Java Joe’s. The show starts at 8 p.m. and the cover is $15. Call (619) 523-0356 for more information.

VH-1 darlings Flickerstick won on the gameshow “”Bands on the Run.”” Now with a flashy new record contract with Epic, they are out to prove that they are not just another victim of reality-based TV shows. This Texas quintet’s power-pop sonic style will be at ‘Canes Bar & Grill at 8 p.m. Tickets are $13 and the event is 16-years-old and up.

Punk and rockabilly meet in the Supersuckers. They will be at The Casbah and the show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 and the support groups will be Fluf and the Streetwalkin’ Cheetahs.

11/20 Tuesday

Weezer was the best in melodic indie rock with hits such as “”Buddy Holly”” and “”Undone (the sweater song).”” Now they are flying high again with “”The Green Album.”” They will be at the Cox Arena at 7:30 p.m. For $28.25 you can also watch support bands Jimmy Eat World and Tenacious D open. Look to the article on page 15 for more on the concert.

For the first time since 1994, Tori Amos will be performing all by herself. Amos and her piano will be at the Copley Symphony Hall for not one, but two shows on the same night. She has remained a steady force in music and is currently touring behind her new album, “”Strange Litte Girls.”” This recent release is a collection of covers with a spin, featuring songs by Depeche Mode and The Beatles. Tickets are $40 and the shows start at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Look to the hiatus section at https://www.ucsdguardian.org for more on the show.

Billy Corgan and his new band, Zwan, are out on the road and they will be at ‘Canes Bar & Grill at 7 p.m. Zwan could be like the Smashing Pumpkins revisited but they could also reflect Billy Corgan’s recent keyboard work with techno-masters New Order. The only familiar face from the old days is drummer Jimmy Chamberlain. If you can find tickets they are $15 and the show is 16-years-old and up.

$2515
$5000