Hiatus Weekly Calendar

All tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster by calling (619) 220-8497 or by going to http://www.ticketmaster.com unless otherwise noted.

5 Thursday

STEVE WHITE with percussionist STEVE TOMAI will play the blues at Dizzy’s. Perfomances start at 8 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Cover charge is $5. Call (858) 270-7467 for more information.

UGLY DUCKLING brings together old-school hip-hop with a funky jazz flavor. With beats that are reminiscent of Jurassic 5 and Dilated Peoples, UGLY DUCKLING will be at `Canes Bar & Grill. Tickets are $10.

Local San Diego group BUCKFAST SUPERBEE will be at The Casbah for their CD release party. Just think, lots of guitars and high levels of energy. Tickets cost $7. Call (619) 232-4355 for more information.

6 Friday

Groove to Latin jazz at Dizzy’s with KOKOPELLI featuring Turiya Mareya and Dave Millard. The sets are at 8:45 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. The cover is $8 and the phone number for more information is (858) 270-7467.

ATERCIOPELADOS means “”The Velvety Ones”” and this Coloumbian group has brought together the fire of Latin American music with a trip-hop-like groove. This velvety group has been nominated for a Grammy in 1997 and 1998. They will be at `Canes Bar & Grill at 8 p.m. Tickets for the show are $20 apiece.

7 Saturday

The MIKAN ZLATKOVICH QUARTET with special guest Joe Marillo will be at Dizzy’s. The shows start at 8:45 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. with a $8 cover charge. For more information call (858) 270-2467.

With their Brit-pop sensibilities, the American quintet, GUIDED BY VOICES, hits you with great pop sound guaranteed to get your feet moving. They will perform at the Brick By Brick and tickets are $14. The show starts at 8:30 p.m.

If you’re in a ’70s-funk-dance-soul kind of mood, GOLDFISH will provide you with that and more. They will perform in the Belly Up Tavern at 9:15 p.m. Tickets are $7.

Led by the unmistakable voice of Richard Butler, the PSYCHEDELIC FURS will perform at the Cannibal Bar on Mission Blvd. This London group made a huge splash in the ’80s with their unique sound in the New Wave movement. Their best songs are classics on the ’80s radio stations. Tickets cost $35 and for more information call (619) 220-TIXS.

8 Sunday

Jazz it up at Dizzy’s before you get ready for the week with saxophonist DICK McGUANE, trumpet player PHIL TAUBER, piano player LYNN WILLARD with BILL ANDREWS on bass and MIKE HOLGUIN on the drums. The show start at 7 p.m. and the cover charge is $5. For more information call (858) 270-2467.

11 Wednesday

AT THE DRIVE-IN has cancelled their show at `Canes Bar & Grill.

Explore “”Feminine”” bodies at Price Center Ballroom B at 4:30 p.m. The event will feature Judith Halberstam, Daphne Brooks, Kathy Jones, George Lipsitz and Lisa Yoneyama. Event is free to the general public.

12 Thursday

VENICE will be at the Belly Up Tavern. The concert starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $12.