The Hiatus Calendar

Thursday

Brian Moghadam/

Trance star BT along with ambient-pop group Hooverphonic will perform at 4th & B at 8 p.m. Buy tickets from Ticketmaster at (619) 220-8497 for $15.

A.J. Croce, the talented son of Jim Croce, will play at the Belly Up Tavern. The show starts at 8:30 p.m. and tickets cost $7. Buy them through Ticketmaster by calling (619) 220-8497.

From Ashes Rise, Born Dead Icons, Blumdklaatt and Durga will perform at the Che Cafe just east of the UCSD Theatre District. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets cost only $5. Call (858) 534-2311 for more information.

Friday

Next to Sonic Youth or Fugazi, Unwound is the next most influential post-punk bands in the mid ’90s. Check them out at the Che Cafe at 8 p.m. Tickets are $6. Call (858) 534-2311 for more information.

Saturday

Bad Religion will perform at the Cox Arena. The show starts at 8 p.m. For ticket information call (619) 220-TIXS.

Sunday

MTV comes to RIMAC for its MTV Campus Invasion Tour with Wyclef Jean headlining the show. Tickets will cost $23.50 with a valid student ID. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Head to the Box Office in the Price Center to buy tickets.

Monday

The Joe Marillo Jazz Quartet will jazz it up at the Lyceum Theatre (San Diego Reperatory Theatre) with classic Sinatra tunes. The show starts at noon. The concert is free and parking is validated.

Following their most eclectic album to date, “”Things Fall Apart,”” The Roots come to the Belly Up Tavern at 8:30 p.m. Tickets cost $35. Call Ticketmaster for tickets at (619) 220-8497.

Tuesday

The Dandy Warhols will perform at Canes Bar & Grill with their lush layers of distorted guitars and British-esque sound homegrown on our side of the Atlantic. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets cost $10 through Ticketmaster. Call (619) 220-8497 for more information.

Wednesday

Jurassic 5 kick off the first of two shows at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach. Over the past six years J-5 has recaptured the positive vibe of hip-hop. Wednesday’s and Thursday’s shows start at 9 p.m. Call Ticketmaster at (619) 220-8497 for information.

Thursday

Reservations are recomended for Kevyn Lettau’s Brazilian jazz style at Dizzy’s. There will be a show at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. and tickets cost $12. Call (858) 270-7467 for more information.