Lights & Sirens April 25 – May 1

Lights and Sirens is compiled from the Police Crime Log at police.ucsd.edu.

Friday, April 25

6:35 a.m.: Medical Aid

The subject experienced kidney pains while urinating in Miramar Building 4. Transported to hospital. 

11:10 p.m.: Suicide Attempt

The subject made suicidal comments to friends near the Sixth College Apartments. Transported to hospital.

Time Unknown: Fraud

The victim’s checking account number was used to purchase goods at Torrey Pines Center South. Report taken.

Saturday, April 26

12:46 a.m.: Damage

A pinecone hit and broke a windowpane in the Sixth College Apartments, possibly due to bad weather conditions. Report taken.

Illustration by Elyse Yang
Illustration by Elyse Yang

3:01 a.m.: Disturbance

A resident in the Sixth College Apartments kept hearing crackling noises and requested a sweep of the area. Checks OK.

Sunday, April 27

3:05 a.m.: Citizen Contact

A student was drunk in public and arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting a public officer and battery. Closed by adult arrest.

11:25 a.m.: Medical Aid

A subject fainted and fell in the shower in Latin America Hall. Transported to hospital.

5 p.m.: Injury

Two bicyclists collided near the Applied Physics and Mathematics building; one was transported to the hospital while the other refused medical treatment. Report taken.

6:42 p.m.: Information

A subject was reportedly shooting birds on a beach near La Jolla Farms Road — San Diego Police also responded. Unable to locate.

Tuesday, April 29

9:27 a.m.: Injury

A skateboarder collided with a vehicle near Muir Lane, receiving minor injuries. Report taken.

1:04 p.m.: Medical Aid

A subject passed out from possible heat stroke near the Faculty Club. Transported to hospital.

Wednesday, April 30

10:36 a.m.: Fire

A small grass fire ignited behind the Student Health Center. Report taken.

11:45 a.m.: Traffic Hazard

According to the San Diego Police, traffic was backed up near La Jolla Shores Drive due to a fallen tree and light pole. Information only.

7:35 p.m.: Petty Theft

A subject attempted to conceal food and leave Pines without paying. Referred to Student Conduct. 

Thursday, May 1

2:02 a.m.: Noise Disturbance

A subject was riding a bicycle in a hallway and slamming doors in the Village East 1. Verbal warning issued. 

9:30 p.m.: Citizen Contact

An unknown person threw dirt on the reporting party’s bicycle in the Hopkins Parking Structure. Information only. 

Andrew Huang

Senior Staff Writer