Academic Affairs Commissioner

For commissioner of academic affairs, the Guardian endorses One candidate Lance Feller. Feller boasts an impressive resume, which includes on-campus experience such as serving as a representative to the undergraduate admissions committee.

He has far-reaching knowledge of UCSD admissions, and of the campus in general, due to his extensive involvement.

Feller has worked for the past two quarters with Commissioner of Academic Affairs Lana Kredie and therefore knows the office well.

While he said he approves of the job she did, he would be more strict in making appointments to committees and hold his appointees more accountable for their performance.

Feller also understands the problem of campus overcrowding and said he will push for new lecture halls. He does not support the proposed 10-minute passing period because it will result in people arriving late to classes. As a temporary solution to overcrowding, he proposes extended class hours as the lesser of evils.

Feller said that if elected, he will fight for guaranteed on-campus housing for all freshman, sophomore, transfer and international students — something that will improve student life on this campus.

Feller’s opponent, Unity candidate Jennifer DeCamp, does not have as much experience as Feller. She is proposing a dead day on Monday of finals week, something we cannot support because it will result in more students having exams on Saturday.

We therefore endorse Feller for commissioner of academic affairs based on his experience and knowledge of campus issues.

$2515
$5000