1/11/17 A.S. Council Meeting

Hello everyone! My name is Zaid Mansuri and in this weekly column I will be going over updates on what is happening in Associated Students. Due to it being week one, I only have a few small updates.

Construction of the Triton Food Pantry started over winter break, however, it has been not completed yet. A committee has been formed to fill the vacant seat of Executive Vice Chancellor and A.S. Council President Daniel Juarez is currently sitting on it as an undergraduate student representative. An additional committee has also been formed to find a new Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Life. Also, A.S. Safe Rides has extended its operating hours to seven days a week from 6 p.m to 3 a.m., from the previous hours of operation from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Off-Campus Senator Azze Ngo announced plans to begin a condom and tampon dispenser revitalization project. Campuswide Senator Johnson also announced plans to begin working on an Associated Students Meeting podcast that would record the processions of the weekly A.S. Council Senate meetings, in order to facilitate more transparency to the public about the work done in the council.

In line with this goal, the A.S. website is being updated. Although still under construction, the sample format can be seen at asdev.ucsd.edu.

In a final point of business the Office of the President is considering including a stipend for the A.S. Fellowship director position in order to adjust for the amount of work required of the role.

A.S. Council Senate meetings are open to the public and take place Wednesdays starting at 6 p.m. at the PC Forum, located on the fourth floor of Price Center.