The Making of an American President

Well folks, it looks like spring cleaning has come early this year. Just as many of us have been cleaning our rooms, the American people have tossed the rubbish out of the White House. Indeed, the air is much better today than it has been for the last eight years.

Although the Democratic Party and Jesse “”Rent-a-Mob”” Jackson tried their hardest to steal the presidential election, Bush rightfully emerged victorious. I cannot say their behavior was unexpected: After all, these are the same people who murdered Vince Foster, who sold nuclear secrets to communist China and who, at every opportunity, have done their best to deceive the American people while pursuing their own corrupt agenda.

What saddens me is that these people have been hurling mud at President George W. Bush for weeks, trying to sour his presidency before he was even sworn in. What is even worse is that many believe these lies. That’s why talk show host Michael Savage has dubbed most liberals as “”sheeple.”” They are like sheep, following a leader without questioning his motives.

But this is UCSD. If you’re here, then you’re too smart to fall for their lies.

Democrats want you to believe that Bush’s victory is illegitimate because it was by such a small margin. Newsflash, America: It doesn’t matter whether he won by two votes or 20 million votes; Bush still won.

Democrats want you to believe that not all ballots were counted. That’s obviously not the case, because all votes were counted, some twice, and in some places, as many as four times.

Remember how loudly the liberals yelled for a hand recount of the thousands of so-called undervotes in Miami-Dade County, while sensible Republicans said that those people simply didn’t vote for a presidential candidate? Well, the Palm Beach Post hand-counted the votes and largely confirmed its hunch by reporting that 75 percent of the ballots had no markings for any presidential candidates, 20 percent had markings for more than one candidate, and only 5 percent showed some marking for a candidate. And guess what? Bush actually gained six votes in this recount.

Gore actually lost ground with this recount. I personally cannot wait until all the votes in Florida are recounted so we can see just how large Bush’s margin of victory really was. Not that the truth matters to the Democratic Party.

It’s particularly funny to me that liberals claim Bush is dumb by poking fun at his Texan accent and heritage. They say he’s slow. Well, I’ve read about another president who was considered stupid by opponents. A very slow speaker, he was referred to by some as the “”Dumb Ox.”” History books refer to him as Abraham Lincoln.

Others claim Bush’s inexperience will doom him. Clinton seemed to do all right for himself after being the governor of “”The Wal-Mart State.”” One “”inexperienced”” president stands out in my mind. He was sworn in during a terrible recession, yet he turned around the economy and also brought the Soviet Union down to its knees.

His name is Ronald Reagan, and he is the finest president this country has ever had. Perhaps we should give Bush a chance before condemning his presidency. We are certainly better off with him in office than Al Gore.

If the American people prosper, who should reap the benefits of this success, the people who earned this money or the federal government? It should be given back to the people, of course.

We are a capitalist society. The rules are simple. Work as hard as you can to earn as much as you can. So if our hard work has resulted in a federal budget surplus, then why should the government claim the extra money it took from us?

Bush’s plan is very simple: If you pay income taxes, then you will receive a tax cut. Low- and middle-income workers will receive the biggest tax cut. Everyone will benefit from this. More importantly, the sinking economy Clinton left us with will receive a vital boost because people will use this extra money to buy more products and invest directly into the market.

Democrats will lead you to believe that Bush’s prior bouts with alcoholism make him unfit for the presidency. This could not be any further from the truth, as it shows his strength far more than his weakness. Bush admits that he is an alcoholic, but the main thing is that he has stopped drinking. Most people are simply not strong enough to stop, yet Bush managed to do so. It is a perpetual battle for him. He will always be tempted to take that one drink that will turn into many. Yet he obviously has the strength to fight this temptation, and that speaks volumes of his true character.

Democrats certainly have no basis for condemning morals. Where should I start? The “”Reverend”” Jesse Jackson just admitted to fathering a child outside of his wife’s company. Witnesses have come forth alleging that Gore used to be an outrageous dope fiend. Clinton apparently smoked a few joints too, but “”didn’t inhale.”” Right, and Monica was just trying to perform CPR.

One of the nastiest lies the Democrats will tell you is that Bush will take away a woman’s right to choose. Lies, lies, lies. While Bush feels that abortion is morally wrong, he has no intention of trying to outlaw it. People who claimed otherwise were merely trying to scare you into voting for Gore.

But you were too smart to fall for their lies, right?