Krispy Kreme arrives

Krispy Kreme doughnuts, made by the popular bakery chain, are now available at Espresso Roma in the Price Center.

Anna MacMurdo

“”Krispy Kremes are an orgasm in a doughnut,”” said Warren senior Fady Mikhael as he purchased his first doughnut of the school year from the cafe. “”That’s what I always say.””

It was this popularity that inspired Gary Radcliffe, director of the University Centers, to invite Krispy Kreme to the Price Center.

Krispy Kremes arrived on campus the morning of Monday, Nov. 5 when free doughnuts were distributed to faculty and staff. Now 12 different kinds of doughnuts can be found in a white case next to Espresso Roma’s own food cases.

The doughnuts cost 75 cents each or $7.99 per dozen. They will be delivered freshly baked to the Price Center at 4:30 a.m. daily.

According to Roma employees, the word was out even before the doughnuts arrived. Considering the well-known popularity of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Espresso Roma employees said it was no surprise when they were bombarded with Krispy Kreme-related interrogations throughout the past week.

Monday morning, the lines at the cafe were twice as long as usual. The first shipment of Krispy Kremes was nearly exhausted by the afternoon.

Some students said they are happy with the development.

“”I’ve only recently been exposed to the Krispy Kremes delicacy,”” said Muir freshman Shaza Hanafy, biting into her glazed doughnut. “”I’ve only tried one doughnut so far and I love it.””

Other students, however, do not share in Hanafy’s enthusiasm for the pastries.

“”Students are already a high-stress group,”” said Muir senior Joey Campbell. “”An institution they pay so much money to attend should be looking out for their health. Price Center has the opportunity to support a variety of smaller businesses, providing a variety of healthier foods. The last thing we need is more big corporations that students have no choice but to support.””

Rob Barnes, a Roosevelt junior, was more passionate about his distaste.

“”We definitely don’t need anymore bloodsucking capitalist businesses in the ‘Overprice’ Center sucking up students’ money,”” he said.

$2515
$5000