Share your love with the right music

The music that spills from your speakers can often make or break the mood of the evening with your lover or the person you met at the party a few hours earlier. For true lovers of music, you must select the playlist very carefully. Remember, you can’t play Slayer when you know she’s a huge Beatles fan. You can’t play Dave Matthews Band when the Red Hot Chili Peppers might be more appropriate.

Anyone can pick up some Marvin Gaye (“”What’s Going On””) or put some Boyz II Men (“”Cooleyhighharmony””) on the CD player to set the mood. A good Al Green or Barry White medley can ignite the fire for most. For the guitar-inclined, you can always turn to some Chris Isaak (“”Heart Shaped World,”” “”Forever Blue””). And the classic love songs by Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin should always be at your fingertips.

But sometimes you have to try something new in the bedroom. Experimenting is the best way to find out what you or your partner prefer. Here are a few suggestions.

Blue Six – ‘Beautiful Tomorrow’ (Astralwerks/Naked Music)

Blue Six have released sexy tunes such as “”Sweeter Love”” and “”Music and Wine,”” and they recently released a full-length album titled “”Beautiful Tomorrow.”” The warm Blue Six sound embodies the San Francisco deep-house feel that is also characteristic of other Naked Music artists such as Miguel Migs. Deep bass grooves, subtle jazz influences, red-light district horns, airy vocals and the patter of bongos all melt together into one steamy album. You are sure to have a “”Beautiful Tomorrow”” after a run-through with this album.

U2 – ‘The Joshua Tree’ (Island)

This album might not be the first that comes to mind when thinking about romantic albums. There are various opinions about the context of this album, but one fact still remains: “”The Joshua Tree”” is one of the best albums of all time. There is an epic quality to the music, with Bono’s soaring vocals on tracks such as “”With or Without You”” and the incredible and distinctive jangle of the guitar work by The Edge. Don’t mind the religious overtones and dive into the music of one of the best guitar bands of all time.

MJ Cole – ‘Sincere’ (Island)

The same old R&B can be boring. MJ Cole might be the answer. MJ Cole and his U.K. garage sound have been introduced stateside by Craig David. Hopefully MJ Cole will be able to continue this trend with the funky syncopation in his two-steppin’ sound.

Imagine drum ‘n’ bass slowed down. Sweet diva-vocals (“”Crazy Love””), jazz influences (“”Tired Games””), plaintive violins (“”Crazy Love,”” “”Strung Out””) and coy basslines (“”Attitude””) make for an up-beat, champagne-smooth sound.