We know these moments all too well: The sweatpants are just a tad too comfortable, and oh no, the 20-minute nap you planned just so happened to turn into a two-hour snooze fest, sending you into the delirious post-nap hangover state. Or maybe you’ve already dragged yourself out of the house for a (unfortunate) night out on the town, and the 80-year-old soul within is saying you need to go home and sleep. Not to worry, Lifestyle has a wide variety of excuses for you to use to get out of everything, from the dinner you were never really excited about to the club-hopping adventure you know you don’t need in your life right now.
When the bed is calling your name more than that margarita at Taco Tuesday…
- Unfortunately, I can’t find my “actual” pants.
- I just made plans with this cup of tea last week, and it’s too late for me to cancel.
- You mean to tell me Taco Tuesday happens every Tuesday?
- Sorry, I got lost on my way trying to get out of this comforter cave I made.
- My Netflix is acting up, it inconveniently keeps playing the next episode. It always gets really glitchy every time Gilmore Girls is on.
When you’re out at a bar and can’t do another round…
- My succulent only lets me water it on Fridays; I really need to go home and check to make sure it’s doing alright.
- Did I forget to mention? Saturday nights are meant for FaceTiming my dog back home.
- *casually picks up phone* “Hello, Mom?”
- There’s a bunch of memes I need to get through before lecture on Monday.
- A little more complex: Get the bartender in on a plan to give the last call two hours prior to closing time.
When there’s no point in waking up for that bougie brunch…
- Is this place gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free and vegan?
- The Barefoot Contessa is only on during this time of morning, and I really can’t miss it.
- I need to finish this box of Frosted Flakes before it expires, so sorry.
- *four hours later* I just woke up, did I miss it?
- I couldn’t find any Ubers that could pick me up this early on a Saturday morning.
- I got caught up petting a pug outside my apartment.
And if all else fails, there is never any shame in just saying “no.” No explanation needed — if you gotta go, you gotta go. Never feel that there is an obligation to have to be or to do everything, all at once — allow your best introverted self out whenever needed.