McMahill Appointed as Conflict of Interest Director

Angela McMahill has been appointed the new Conflict of Interest Director in the UCSD Office of Research Affairs, effective April 21.

According to the COI Office’s website, its role is to assess situations where personal circumstances could “compromise the actions or judgments in administration, management, teaching, research or performance of any professional activities at UC San Diego.” The office mostly serves campus faculty and postdoctoral trainees.

McMahill, who holds a Juris Doctor degree, previously served as the director of the Research Compliance Program in UCSD’s Health Sciences division. Additionally, McMahill has served as the San Diego Chapter President of the Association of Clinical Research Professionals. She will be replacing Interim Director Jennifer Oh.

“Ms. McMahill is extraordinarily well qualified to direct our Conflict of Interest office,” Vice Chancellor for Research Sandra Brown said in an April 8 campuswide letter. “We ask that you help  welcome her to this key campus position.”