Bomb Threats Hit Two CSU Campuses

California State University campuses in San Diego and Fresno received bomb threats within two days of each other, San Diego State on April 30 and Fresno State on May 2.

Two notes were discovered in separate men’s bathrooms at SDSU claiming that there was a bomb on campus. Police evacuated the university’s Love Library and searched the area around the building with bomb-sniffing dogs. 

The library was re-opened that night after police determined that there wasn’t an immediate threat. Investigators plan to review campus security footage, but have not determined who left the notes.

Campus police at Fresno State received a bomb threat around 8:30 a.m. on Thursday and alerted the campus through an email notice later that morning. 

Fresno State Police Chief David Huerta asked students to stay alert in the campus-wide notice.

“We take all threats seriously and put the safety of our students first, as well as the campus community.” he said. “As always, we ask students and the campus community that if you see something suspicious, say something immediately to authorities.”

Officers and housing administrators searched several residence halls, as well as the grounds and bushes. 

The threat was dismissed after nothing was found.