Triton Engineering Student Council Date Auction

The Triton Engineering Student Council will hold a date auction on Feb. 11 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The auction will be held in the Henry Booker Room inside of Jacobs Hall on Warren Mall. Proceeds from the event will benefit the San Diego Science Alliance charity, an organization started by scientist-turned-teacher Bill Bosworth in 1990. Bosworth’s goal was to spark interest for children in kindergarten through eighth grade to participate in math and science — through science fair presentations and experiments — before they entered high school.

Students have a choice to bid and win a date with any of 10 men and 10 women. Admission is free and open to everyone, engineers or not.

Anyone is also welcome to volunteer to have themselves auctioned off for charity whether or not they are in TESC; applications are available on the TESC website, tesc.ucsd.edu. Auctionees fill out a survey about their personal interests to better help bidders find a suitable match. The auctionee and the bidder will then plan their date together.

TESC hopes that the participants will plan dates at local San Diego restaurants to support, independent businesses in the community. Do not go into the auction in the hopes of buying someone who will do your Math 20C homework for the day. This year you can beat the winter quarter gloom by meeting new people and possibly finding a love connection, all while giving back to the San Diego Science Alliance.