Pacific Beach Group Runs

The group runs take place every Wednesday night at 6 p.m., just as the name suggests. The group sets out from the Movin Shoes store in Pacific Beach on a route that is approximately five-and-a-half miles long, and it is open to athletes of all skill levels. The terrain varies, but is, for the most, part paved and flat, save for one gentle incline near a bridge on the route. The uninitiated need not fear starting a new, difficult routine, but seasoned runners will still find what they need. The length of time the runs require is wholly dependent on individual skill level, and there is time to banter and bond with fellow runners. Sign-up is not required, and the event is always free.

The runs originally began at the Movin Shoes location in Mission Beach but relocated along with the store to their current starting point in Pacific Beach. The weekly runs have built a loyal following, and as a result, a community of devotees has sprung up around Movin Shoes. The weekly runs have been going on for more than 20 years.

But the Wednesday night events are more than just an hour or so of running. The group encourages people to invest in their running routines by allowing them to meet like-minded individuals for some quality time while exercising. A few times a year, if a sizable group shows up, the group may get pizza afterward as well, so you can retox after your detox.