Site Seen: Night & Day Street Fest

Named after the newspaper’s entertainment section, Night & Day, this 21+ festival is all about music, art and San Diego’s greatest love — beer. It is inspired by San Diego Street Scene, which was the famous annual music festival made popular in the mid-1980s. San Diego’s Street Scene came to an end in 2009 due to a drop in attendance and excessive financial debt. Memorable headliners include M.I.A., The National and other esteemed bands. Night & Day is meant to offer San Diegans a similar experience on a much smaller scale.

Night & Day Street Fest will feature first-rate live music, art attractions, a fashion runway and a dance loft. On top of that, there will be delicious food from local restaurants and food trucks to satiate your hunger and top craft beer curated by San Diego’s Stone Brewing Company.

The eight artists will mark the debut of Night & Day Street Fest. Headliners include the funky alternative performer G. Love, admired surfer and surf-rock musician Donavon Frankenreiter, veteran reggae artist Pato Banton and much more.

Tickets are limited to 5,000 at $25 each for general admission. A limited number of VIP passes are also available for the hefty price of $75. This ticket includes a VIP stage zone, a VIP indoor party lounge with live DJs, a VIP parking pass, VIP express access, two beer tickets, two well drink tickets and one limited edition event t-shirt. To keep your college finances in order, we suggest opting for the general admission ticket and spending the rest of your cash on that craft beer.