Tritons Share Regular Season Title

The Tritons played their last games of the regular season, Friday and Saturday, May 4 and 5, splitting two non-conference games with Grand Canyon University.
    The Tritons now have one week to prepare for the conference tournament, to be held at Triton Ballpark this Thursday through Saturday, May 10 to 12. The double elimination tournament will feature the top four finishers from around the conference: first-seed UCSD, second-seed Chico State, third-seed Cal State San Bernardino and fourth-seed Sonoma State.
    The Tritons first game is set for this Thursday, May 10 at 7 p.m. against Sonoma State.
    The last time the Tritons met with the Seawolves was back in April, where the Tritons recorded their first conference sweep.

GAME 1
    UCSD took the first of the two game series, with a 6-1 win on Friday behind a strong game from the Triton bullpen. Junior starter Ryan Goodbrand (9-0) went five innings, allowing just two hits, while senior right-hander Elias Tuma logged his third save, throwing three strikeouts in his 1.1 innings pitched.
    The game remained tied 1-1 until the fifth inning when the Tritons capitalized on two Grand Canyon errors to go up 2-1.
    UCSD doubled the lead in its next turn in the box, as sophomore designated hitter Nick La Face recorded his fourth homerun of the season, to extend the lead to 4-1.
    La Face picked up another RBI in the bottom of the seventh inning to score junior Danny Susdorf.

GAME 2
    UCSD went down 4-0 in the hole as the Antelopes tallied six hits in the first two innings.
    The Tritons would not get on the board until the bottom of the fourth inning off a triple from senior Gregg Ringold.
    Grand Canyon went up 6-1 in the fifth inning off a double for one RBI. With one out and men on third and first, junior Richard Kilbury came in to relieve sophomore Justin Rahn. Kilbury gave up a run, walking two men, before he was able to work his way out of the inning.
    The Tritons took two more back off consecutive doubles with La Face and senior Jeff Rauh, but Grand Canyon closed the game out with four runs on a grand slam from PJ Garcia.