Men's tennis wins third-straight

The men’s tennis team continued its domination by picking up its third straight victory with a sweep over Alliant International University on Tuesday.

The Tritons won every match taking an amazing 96 games to Alliant’s 29.

UCSD’s No. 1 doubles team of Sameer Chopra and Bryan Swatt started the Tritons off on the right foot with an 8-3 victory over their opponents. The No. 2 and 3 Triton teams, Everett Schroeter-Jeff Wilson and Dan Albrecht-Sean Nagel, also picked up easy 8-0 and 8-2 victories for UCSD to give the Tritons the doubles sweep.

The Tritons continued to dominate in singles play, as No. 1 freshman Blake Wilson-Hayden earned the straight set victory 6-3, 6-4. UCSD’s Emil Novak played the closest match of the day, going to 10 games in each set before taking the 6-4, 6-4 win.

Amir Nejad, Doug Hofmann, Nick Morton and Sean Higginbotham each earned singles victories against their Alliant opponents, with Morton going undefeated with a perfect 6-0, 6-0 victory.

With this victory, the Tritons remain undefeated in the season and carry a 3-0 record heading into the Cal Poly Team Tournament Feb. 15 through Feb. 17 in Pomona, Calif.